It’s a new year … and the beginning of awards season. In the world of entertainment, it’ll soon be time for the BAFTA Awards, the Eurovision Song Contest, and the Academy Awards (Oscars) in Hollywood. The call is also out for outstanding women business owners – so why not consider nominating yourself or another deserving woman entrepreneur for one of these awards:
- The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards: Launched in 2006 by Cartier, the Women’s Forum, McKinsey and Company and the INSEAD business school, these awards focus on start-up enterprises in five world regions. Nominations are open now through the end of February at this link.
- The International Alliance for Women’s World of Difference Awards: This award recognizes a diverse group of women in corporate, entrepreneurial, public sector and social enterprises who are making a difference to their communities. Nominations are open through February 15. Learn more here.
- The l’Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science program recognizes accomplished women in scientific endeavor, as well as helps younger researchers and supports non-profit organizations focused on women in science or “beauty for all.” To learn more, visit the submitting your project or 2014 awardees pages.
If your idea for recognition is giving back to other women, then consider signing up to be a Global Community Champion for Women’s Economic Empowerment, a program offered by UN Women. You can learn more and apply to be a part of it at this link. The sign-up period ends on January 29.
Three other high-profile international awards of note happen later in the year. So mark your calendars and be on the lookout for these awards opportunities:
- The Anita Borg Institute’s Women of Vision ABIE Awards: This organization, focused on connecting, mentoring and recognizing women in computing, bestows a number of annual awards, including an entrepreneurship award. However, nominations for this award are open in December and January, and are awarded at their annual conference in May of each year.
- Enterprising Women magazine’s Enterprising Women of the Year awards recognize women business owners of accomplishment in a number of business revenue levels. Nominations are open late in the year and awards are given at the magazine’s annual summit and gala in March of each year. Click here to read more about the just-announced 2015 awardees.
- Nominations for the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award have likewise just closed. The annual award, recognizing enterprising spirit and determination in the vein of “La Grande Dame de la Champagne” Madame Clicquot, is now awarded in 27 countries, typically bestowed at a gala event in May of each year. Learn more about the award here.